Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I Need a Vacation from this Vacation

Well here's the latest in a long nutshell. Coach is not fixed yet. Yesterday CoachNet (like AAA for motorhomes) was sopposed to tow us somewhere to be fixed or send us a guy who was quilified to fix us. Well they tried to send a guy who fixes cars because they couldn't find anyone else to come. No luck on a tow truck either. 

So I went to plan B. There's a local truck repair guy I talked to and Coachnet talked to but he was not that interested in working on a motorhome.

So I went and talked with him (Chuck) and he agreed to look at it. So we drove 10 mph for 7 miles and he looked at it. Blown airbag as I suspected.  He said he could fix it no problem but finding one would be the issue. Well we found one after some research by both of us. They would ship it to a truck repair place in Kamloops BC which is an hour away. It would be there the next day btwn 1 pm and 2 pm.

So we drove to Kamloops (45 mins) had a great breakfast and the airbag arrived FedEx at 1:30 pm.

I called Chuck and told him we were enroute with the air bag. He started yelling at me wanting to know why I hadn't brought the coach over in the morning.  I told him because we didn't have the part and he said he didn't want us blocking his one and only bay. He hung up on me. Well I have the new air bag which I didn't  pay for and Chucks having a temper tantrum.

So we drove back to Chucks and I tried to apologize for the misunderstanding.  He was an asshole about it but I was nice and said it was my fault.

He said to bring the coach over in the morning and he would try and work it in. We will see.
I like Chuck. He's a contankorous old guy that lost his wife to ALS. I am going to play nice and remember our problems are really not that big of a deal. If it goes sideways I still have the airbag and will find another way to get it installed.

I'm not sure what Canada's bail schedule is for punching out a 70 year old guy but hey if Basti can do it so can I.

Nothing is ever easy. But the campground we are in is nice. But it's hot here 88 degrees  at 5 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment